This recipe comes from my mom. It is killer good. In fact, it is the best going appetizer around. I could make it a meal in itself!!! She has made it with both pizza dough and bread dough. I prefer the pizza dough. You can find it right in the grocery store or you can pick it up from your local pizzeria! Either way, you won;t be disappointed. And yes, you can leave off the olives. I know many dislike them but I LOVE them!!!
- 1 pizza dough, sold in food stores or pizza place (1 POUND)
- ¼-1/2 pound pepperoni, sliced (depending how much you like!)
- ¼-1/2 pound Italian mixed cheeses or mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Olives -enough to lay down the bread from top to bottom in one skinny line (Optional)
- 1 egg plus a drop of water for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 400-I preheat mine with a stone in it.
- Roll out dough into a rectangle on parchment and arrange pepperoni, cheese and olives down the middle.
- Roll up jelly roll style (tucking edges) or Fold top and bottom in and fold sides into center.
- Lay seam side down on sheet.
- Apply egg wash and bake at 400 for approx 20-30 mins or until golden brown and cooked through! Cool a bit before cutting!
The post Cheesy Pepperoni Bread appeared first on Hugs and Cookies XOXO.