Lemon Risotto with Seared Scallops #SundaySupper
Has is really been over a year since I’ve posted a proper risotto recipe? I’ve clearly been slacking when it comes to my signature dish. (That farro “risotto” a few weeks ago was delicious, but it doesn’t count – it doesn’t even use rice!)
This week, we’re celebrating Mother’s Day at Sunday Supper. I thought about making Chicken Cordon Bleu, the first meal I really remember cooking for my mom, but I didn’t really feel like eating that. So I made a summer-y risotto topped with seared scallops and lemon salt instead. It doesn’t have any significance – I don’t think I’ve ever even seen my mom eat risotto – but it’s a decadent dish that’s the perfect way to pamper someone.
Serve it up with a wedge of Lavender Dark Chocolate Tart and she’ll feel like a queen.
Author: Lauren Keating (Healthy-Delicious.com)
- 4 cups chicken stock or water
- ¼ cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup Arborio rice, or other medium-grain risotto rice
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 2 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- 2 ounces Parmesan, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound large sea scallops, pat dry
- coarse sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- In a small saucepan set over medium-high heat, bring the stock to a simmer. Reduce heat to low to keep warm.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a 3-quart pot over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic; cook until soft – about 5 minutes. Add the rice and half the lemon zest; stir so that each grain of rice is coated with oil and appears glossy. Cook the rice for 3-4 minutes, or until it is mostly translucent. Stir in the wine, scraping up any bits that have hardened in the bottom of the pan.
- Add 1 cup of the warm stock. Stir constantly until all the stock has absorbed into the rice. Continue this process, adding the stock ¼ cup at a time, until the rice is creamy and soft – the whole process will take about 20 minutes. Stir in the spinach, parmesan, and lemon juice, until the spinach is wilted.
- Heat the oil and butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. When the butter is melted, add the scallops. Cook 2 to minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Stir together ¼ teaspoon of the remaining lemon zest with ¼ teaspoon sea salt.
- Serve the scallops on top of the risotto. Sprinkle with lemon salt and season to taste with black pepper.
Calories: 398 Fat: 12 Carbohydrates: 30.8 Fiber: 1.9 Protein: 39.5
This week, #SundaySupper is celebrating Mother’s Day! Be sure to check out what the other participants brought to the table. There are loads of great recipes for any time of day!
Mother’s Day Brunch:
Mother’s Day Entrees:
Mother’s Day Sides:
Mother’s Day Desserts and Drinks:
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday, May 12th to celebrate Mother’s day! Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST, but we’ll also be tweeting throughout the day and sharing recipes that celebrate mom.
Incoming search terms:
- scallop risotto gordon ramsay
- gordon ramsay risotto recipes
- gordon ramsay scallop recipe
- gordon ramsay scallops
- gordon ramsay scallop risotto
- scallop risotto recipe gordon ramsay
- gordon ramsay scallop risotto recipe
- gordon ramsay risotto
- risotto recipe gordon ramsay
- risotto gordon ramsay