Carmel, pecans and fudge -Oh MY!! To really make this insane, go ahead and toast those pecans just a smidge. It will bring out their intense flavor and will really make this fudge extra special. I also finished mine off with some sea salt because, well caramel and salt-you know! Hope you love this one as much as we did!!
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk, *divided so read below!!
- 3.5 oz marshmallow cream
- 8 oz Kraft caramels bits
- 1½ cups chopped pecans (raw or toast for a few mins in a dry skillet until fragrant)
- Line an 8×8 pan with nonstick foil.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the 2 types of chips with only 1 cup of the sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
- Stir in the marshmallow cream.
- Stir in half the pecans.
- Pour half this mixture into the pan.
- Pop into the freezer.
- Melt the rest of the condensed milk with the caramels in the microwave until smooth.
- Pour this over the fudge, reserving a little bit for the top later.
- Return the fudge to the freezer.
- Heat up the rest of the fudge in the microwave just until spreadable and spread over the caramel layer.
- Pour on the rest of the caramel. (reheat if thick)
- Top with the rest of the pecans!
- Add sea salt ad chill a few hours.
- Cut into small squares.
- Re-melt the reserved caramel and drizzle it over the top of your fudge. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt if desired.
- Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours before cutting, slice into even squares and devour immediately.
Adapted from Tip Hero! Check them out!
The post Turtle Fudge appeared first on Hugs and Cookies XOXO.