Here's what the 6 simple rules to create and compose a perfect platter of cold cuts and cheeses for your dinners with friends.
The platter of cold cuts and cheeses is very trendy lately. In fact, it represents an excellent idea for the classic dinner with friends that is different from the usual and whets the appetite.
A nice mixed platter of cold cuts, cheeses and various snacks is always appreciated by everyone as long as it is well done and with quality products. It is no coincidence that cold cuts and cheeses represent the most classic Italian appetizer.
Starting from the basic concept that is better little quantity but high quality, choose the products carefully because that will make the real difference between an excellent cutting board and a pizzeria cutting board!
To compose it in the best way, there are 6 simple rules to follow to make a great impression:
- COLD CUTS. You can opt for either raw cured meats (raw ham, speck, pancetta, salami, coppa, bresaola, lard) or cooked meats (cooked ham, mortadella, roast turkey breast, porchetta). It would be better not to mix them together, in case make two separate cutting boards. In both cases, arrange them with the slices folded in half starting from the leanest to the fatter ones.
- THE CHEESES. They should be arranged from the freshest to the most seasoned, from the most delicate to the strongest. Fix them with order, from the most delicate to the tastiest so as not to overwhelm the palate. The advice is not to offer more than 3-4 cheeses and very importantly, they should be served at room temperature.
- Arranged next to cheeses In combination with jams, honey and fruit compotes because cheese is a food without sugar, it finds its complementary food in jams, creating the perfect balance in taste.
As a rough guide, the softer and sweeter the cheese, the more acidic the taste of the jam and jams will have. On the contrary, if the cheese has a strong and decisive taste, it will have to be combined with a sweeter taste.
- Green light also for pickles, artichokes, olives, gherkins. You can arrange them in a ceramic or glass bowl.
- The bread. Next to the cured meats, place some bread cut into small slices, crackers or breadsticks. The ideal would be a particular homemade bread or homemade bread.
- Also add fresh fruit here and there, the grapes are perfect, already washed and dried and in small portions. Dried fruit is also a must: walnuts, almonds and cashews and pistachios are scattered here and there.
The cutting board is the right choice which comes in handy when you don't have much time to cook and still want to organize a little one aperitif. In fact, it can be served both as an aperitif or as an actual appetizer. If the cutting board is very rich it can also replace dinner.
For the portions, adjust according to the people and the courses of the dinner.
The platter of cold cuts and cheeses always pleases everyone, it is very spectacular and by following these simple rules with little effort you will make a great impression with which you will amaze everyone. On the net there are many examples of how to compose a beautiful cutting board that is at the same time good but also beautiful to look at. Some are true works of art!
Let's find out together.
In order not to lose any recipe, put "like" HERE on the our Facebook page
and follow us HERE on ours Instagram profile.
Back to HOME PAGE
Visit it SHOP
you may also like