Babà Rustico Napoletano Fast Version: the rustic babà is a valid alternative to Casatiello and tortano for the Easter period, for trips out of town, for picnics. In this recipe I use instant yeast for savory pies (PaneAngeli) so it only takes 5 minutes to prepare it, in the traditional version of Babà Rustico you use brewer's yeast and wait for it to rise before baking.
Ingredients for a cake pan from 24 cm to donut
- 400 grams of flour 0
- 3 eggs
- 220 ml of milk
- 80 ml of peanut oil
- 1 sachet of instant yeast for savory pies ("Il Pizzaiolo Paneangeli" 15 gr)
- 3 tablespoons of grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- 100 gr of diced cooked ham
- 100 gr of diced Napoli salami
- 100 gr of diced smoked cheese
- 80 grams of diced semi-spicy provolone
- We put in a large bowl 3 eggs, milk, oil and mix with a hand whisk, then add the flour, the yeast and the teaspoon of sugar, always stirring, add the 3 tablespoons of Grated Parmesan cheese, the salt and the pepper.
- We add to the compound i cured meat and of cheeses previously diced. We mix everything.
- We pour the mixture into the cake pan previously greased and floured
- We bake a 180 ° in the oven static preheated, for 40 minutes or in any case until cooked (depending on the oven, the color will help you understand the degree of cooking).
- And yours is ready rustic Neapolitan baba fast version, let it cool and then remove from the pan. Bon appetit
For the version with brewer's yeast click here: Neapolitan rustic babà Classic version
N.B. It can be kept soft for a few days, closed in a food bag.
Babà Rustic Neapolitan Fast Version
Enjoy your meal!