Creamy coffee cake: a sweet made with ricotta and without flour, with the unmistakable aroma of coffee. A cross between tiramisu and cheesecake. Easy to make. I used a 22 cm diameter cake pan, to get a higher cake just use a 20 cm cake pan
Ingredients for a 22 cm cake pan
- 500 gr of cow's milk ricotta
- 120 grams of granulated sugar
- 50 gr of espresso coffee
- 50 grams of milk
- 3 eggs
- 20 gr of corn starch
- 1 sachet of vanillin (or 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence)
- unsweetened cocoa powder
How to make a creamy coffee cake
- We prepare a 2-cup mocha. And set aside 1 full cup of coffee (50 g) and let it cool to room temperature.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar for a couple of minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy, add the ricotta (preferably sifted), the cup full of coffee (50 g), the milk, the vanilla (or the vanillin sachet) and mix everything with an electric mixer. Finally, add the corn starch (Maizena), and mix.
- We line the mold with parchment paper and pour the mixture into the pan.
- We put in a preheated static oven at 170 ° for 60 minutes.
- Let it cool, sprinkle with unsweetened cocoa powder and serve.
N.B. I recommend sifting the ricotta before adding it to the bowl. If the cake takes too much color on the surface, put a sheet of aluminum foil on the top shelf of the oven to prevent it from burning.
It can be stored for a couple of days under a glass bell (in winter) while in summer it is preferable to keep the dessert in the fridge.
Enjoy your meal!