Well here is a new twist on sugary, overly sweet doughnuts….SAVORY doughnuts. These macaroni and cheese doughnuts are incredibly fun for the kids to eat- and grown ups, too! I purchased my doughnut pan through Amazon—>here.
If your kids love mac and cheese then this is a must try! Would be a fun treat on April Fool’s Day too if you tell everyone they can have “doughnuts” for dinner. hee hee!
You may also love:
Fried Macaroni & Cheese
Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese
- 8 ounces elbows
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 8 Ritz crackers, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix cracker crumbs, one tablespoon of melted butter, and ½ cup of shredded cheese. Set aside for the topping.
- Cook elbows.
- Drain, return to pot and coat with rest of the butter.
- Stir in the egg.
- Mix in the milk and the remaining shredded cheese.
- Add flour and stir.
- Spoon into a greased donut pan.
- Sprinkle the topping you made over each.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Thanks to Suzy for posting such beauties on her facebook page! And adapted from Tastemade
The post Macaroni and Cheese Doughnuts appeared first on Hugs and Cookies XOXO.