Cookie Season is here! I’m so excited to be part of the Recipe Lion Virtual Cookie Exchange this year! Check out the delicious recipe I’m sharing and be sure and visit my friends for more cookie favorites to add to your list.
I’m sharing a recipe for homemade miniature whoopie pies. My son calls these homemade oreo cookies and while I agree they are close, I think they are in a class all their own!
Print off the recipe at the bottom of this post and then visit my friends!
Mini Cream Cheese Whoopie Pies
Author: Christy Jordan
Serves: about two dozen mini whoopie pies
- 1 package Devil’s Food Cake Mix (dark chocolate cake mix will do)
- ¾ cup solid vegetable shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1¾ cup powdered sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temp
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temp
- In large mixing bowl, place cake mix, shortening, and eggs. Beat with an electric mixer until well blended. Batter will be stiff.
- Using your hands, roll into teaspoon sized balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet about two inches apart and bake at 350 for 7-9 minutes, or until set in the center. Allow to cool for a few minutes before removing from pan to cool completely
To make filling
- In large mixing bowl, place all filling ingredients. Beat with an electric mixer until light, fluffy, and well combined. Put small amount of filling on bottom of one cookie and top it with the bottom of another to make a sandwich. Enjoy!