There steamed monkfish it is a very light second course of fish (100 grams of monkfish provide about 74 Kcal and about 12.4 grams of protein), healthy, low in fat, tasty and with a delicate flavor. A quick recipe, tasty but at the same time low in calories.
You will need a few ingredients and one steamer of whatever material you own it (bamboo, glass, etc.) and better if it is equipped with two baskets so that you can also steam vegetables at the same time, as I did with potatoes.
Read also: Monkfish with olives and capers
Cooking: 10 – 15 minutes
Preparation: 10 minutes
Flat cost: medium
Doses: 2 people
INGREDIENTS FOR 2 PEOPLE
* You can replace them with vegetables of your choice.
• pot of the diameter of the steamer,
• steamer with two bamboo baskets,
• knife with a smooth and sharp blade,
• various cutlery.
HOW TO PREPARE STEAMED TOAD TAIL
• Rinse the monkfish under running water and remove the fillets from the central spine with a knife with a smooth and sharp blade. Obtain medallions of similar size, in order to obtain the same cooking.
• Peel and wash the potatoes, cut them into medium sized cubes.
• Fill the pot with water and add a handful of coarse salt and a few pieces of lemon peel.
• Place the first basket of the steamer on the pot and pour the potato cubes inside (arrange them evenly). If you want you can slightly salt.
• Then place the second basket and place the monkfish medallions inside. If you want you can slightly salt.
• Close the basket and bring to medium heat.
• Cook taking into account that it will take 10-15 minutes from boiling. The cooking time will depend on the size you give your monkfish pieces.
• As soon as everything is cooked, place on the plate, still hot and add a drizzle of olive oil. If you prefer, you can add a squeeze of lemon juice and season with salt.
• You can flavor with an emulsion of olive oil, lemon juice, oregano and a pinch of salt.
• I do not recommend preparation in advance, so preserve the flavor and the freshness some fish.
• You can also serve your monkfish with steamed boiled carrots or green beans (or with other vegetables you like best).