Black forest layer cake is a delicious and fun cake to make. Did I mention easy? Oh yes! I even cheated a little-shhh! I used a box mix for my two layer cakes. You can, too! I won’t tell unless you are a purist with cakes then feel free to use your favorite chocolate cake recipe and just bake it up in two 8 or 9 inch round pans! I used sweet dark cherries sold in a can. I found them in the aisle with the applesauce—not the aisle with the canned cherry pie filling-go figure! That’s just a tip to save you some time as you navigate the food store aisles. You can use regular whipped cream for this cake but I chose to make the cream the shining star in this cake. I used Mascarpone cheese to make it extra special! Hope you enjoy my black forest layer cake!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, prepared and baked according to directions for either 2 8-inch or 9-inch pans-your choice!
- ½ can dark, sweet cherries
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2-3 T. sugar (taste for how much sweetness you like!)
- fresh cherries for garnish (Can remove pits from bottom so no one sees!)
- chocolate shavings for garnish
- Beat cream, mascarpone and sugar to soft peaks.
- Lay one cake on cake plate, top with some cherries and cream.
- Top with next cake.
- Add more cream and fresh cherries.
- Top with chocolate shavings (Create using a veggie peeler across the chocolate)
The post Black Forest Layer Cake appeared first on Hugs and Cookies XOXO.