If you like cheesecake and you love caramel you are in for a treat. This lip smackin’ caramel apple cheesecake recipe will make your family and friends come back for more.
Caramel apples are one of my favorite treats! I remember when my grandpa and I would split one and practically wrestle over who got to eat the gooey goodness that was still left on the stick. My grandpa was funny as all get out and I cherish these memories of him.
I’m not gonna lie. This Caramel Apple Cheesecake recipe take a bit of time to complete but it takes me back to those good times and there’s no substitute for that. What I wouldn’t give to scuffle over the left over caramel just one more time.
But enough reminiscing, I hope you enjoy making this as much as your family will enjoy devouring every crumb on their plate.
(Full recipe card shown below)
- 1 package of snickerdoodle cooke mix (sugar cookie mix will do as well)
- 1 stick + 1 tbsp of unsalted butter
- 8oz softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 and 1/2 cups apple pie filling
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Jar of caramel topping
Instructions for your caramel apple cheesecake recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare and prepare of 9 inch pie pan with coconut oil or nonstick spray
The Base of Your Cheesecake
- In a medium bowl, combine the snickerdoodle cookie mix, the cinnamon sugar packet that comes with it and 1 stick of butter.
- Cut the butter into the mixture so it’s all crumbly and combined as above.
- Add about 2 cups of this mixture to your pie pan and press along the bottom and up the sides as above.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and set aside.
- Melt the 1 tbsp of butter and add it to the rest of your crumble mixture as above.
- Mix it with a fork until well combined. Set aside.
The Cheesecake Mixture
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, sugar and flour and mix until well combined and creamy as above.
- Add the vanilla and egg into the cream cheese mixture and mix again until well combined.
- Set aside.
The Apple Topping
- In a small bowl, add the apple pie filling and cinnamon
- Mix together as above
Now let’s put it all together
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into your baked pie crust and spread along the bottom as above.
- Then, spoon the apple mixture in dollops on top of the cream cheese.
- Spread the apples around to cover the top.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture on top of apple mixture
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Allow the pie to cool for about 2-3 hours, then transfer into the fridge and allow it to cool all of the way before cutting.
- Note you can drizzle the caramel on now or wait to you remove from the fridge (Or what the heck, you can drizzle away before the fridge and after) List in the comments what you prefer to do. For this caramel apple cheesecake recipe I tend to mix it up a little.
- Remove from the fridge and drizzle some more caramel to your hearts content!
- Serve and enjoy the cool cheesecake filling combined with the crumbly cookie texture.
You my friend are about to share perfection on a plate.
Combine the cookiemix (snickerdoodle or sugar cookie), the cinnamon sugar packet, and 1 stick of butter
Cut the butter into the mixture so its all crumbly and combined
Add two cups of this mixture to your pie pain and press along the bottom and up the sides
Bake in oven for 10 mins and set aside
Melt the 1 tbsp of butter and add it to the rest of your crumble mixture, mix it with a fork until well combined, set aside
Cream Cheese Mixture
In a large bowl add the cream cheese, sugar, flour
Mix until well combined and creamy.
Add the vanilla and egg into the cream cheese mixture and mix again until well combined, and set aside
Construct Your Cheesecake
Pour the cream cheese mixture into your baked pie crust and spread along the bottom
Then, spoon the apple mixture ini dollops on top of the cream cheese
Spread the apples around to cover the top
Sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture on top
Bake for 30-40 minutes until top is golden brown
Allow pie to cool for 2-3 hours
Transfer into fridge and all it to cool all the way before cutting (times will vary)
Drizzle caramel over the top before refrigerating, or after OR…what they heck, BOTH!
Let me know what you think of this Caramel Apple Cheesecake recipe in the comments.
You may also like:
Freezer Apple Pie
Apple Doozie Dessert Pie
Snicker Caramel Apple Salad
Hot Spice Apple Cider
Anyone can count the seeds in an apple, but only God knows the number of apples in a seed.