Coconut Easter treats: with only 3 ingredients and coconut nests with chocolate eggs, they are very easy to make and fun to do with the help of children. In the video below, my daughter helps me who had fun messing around! The taste is that of the typical coconut sweets!
Ingredients for 8 Easter nests
- 125 gr of Rapè coconut (grated) / coconut flour
- 90 gr of egg whites (about 3 eggs)
- 40 gr of granulated sugar
- Hazelnut cream
- 24 chocolate eggs
VIDEO RECIPE COCONUT EASTER SWEETS below:
- In a saucepan with a thick bottom, mix the coconut, egg whites and sugar, put on low heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring to prevent sticking to the bottom and to mix the ingredients well.
- Let it cool down.
- We use the muffin pan: butter it and cut strips of parchment paper, put 2 crosswise in each mold (they will be used to easily extract the nests once cooked and cooled). We create the nests by putting about 3 teaspoons of the mixture in each mold, press lightly on the edges to give the shape.
- We bake a 140 ° for 20 minutes or in any case until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let the nests cool and in each one put a little hazelnut cream (Nutella) and 3 chocolate eggs. The hazelnut cream will serve as a glue for the eggs.
Coconut Easter treats