Potato pancakes in a pan or in the oven: in Switzerland and in Trentino they are called Potatoe's Rosti. They can be served as an appetizer or side dish. They are pancakes made with very few ingredients: flaked potatoes (a grater with large holes is enough) the potatoes are grated, a few ingredients are added, compacted and that's it, in a pan or in the oven to create a delicious, tasty and fast side dish .
Ingredients for 10 pancakes
- 700 gr of yellow-fleshed potatoes
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- seasoning for roasted potatoes (flavors: rosemary, marjoram, thyme, bay leaf)
VIDEO RECIPE Potato pancakes in a pan
How to Make Potato Pancakes in a Pan
- We peel and wash the potatoes well (preferably yellow flesh). Let's grate them with a large hole grater.
- Put the grated potatoes in a colander and press with a spoon or hand to remove the vegetation water.
- Put the grated potatoes in a container and add salt, pepper and powdered herbs for roasted potatoes and 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- We put a drizzle of oil in a non-stick pan and with a spoon form the pancakes by compacting and giving a rounded shape. We cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for 7-8 minutes.
- We turn the pancakes and without lid we complete the cooking until golden brown.
Potato pancakes in a pan
Enjoy your meal!