Warm from the oven buckwheat chocolate chip cookies.
I know what you're thinking. Not another cookie recipe. Please. I've had it with melty chocolate chips
and crunchy, chewy sweetness. Where are the rutabaga recipes, dagnabbit?
And what about beets? Or parsnips? I've got a hankering for kale the size of Wyoming. I yearn for jicama. Cook me up some kohlrabi, already. Sorry, Darling. Not today. You'll have to be patient.
There are cookies to bake.
And these are gluten-free.
But I'll be honest.
Baking egg-free, butter-free, gluten-free cookies (that actually taste tempting) can be tough. So if you- or an angel you love- are allergic to one- or several- of the top food allergens, or consciously living GF/CF for ASD reasons, just know I'm in the weird and rocky boat with you.
Which is why I keep experimenting and tweaking recipes.
And if the butter-eating glutenous In Crowd doesn't get it, I say, You know what, Pizza Breath? Just go eat your Twinkies, will ya?
READ MORE and get the recipe …
Find more delicious gluten-free recipes at Gluten-Free Goddess. http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com
This recipe comes from one of my most favorite bloggers…Cookies and Cups! I love her because we seem to have the same taste buds and adore the same type of cookies. Every recipe I try from her is awesome. I am so excited she has a cookbook coming out in April that you can preorder here. Is it April yet? Because I can’t wait! This cookie is the best part of a crumb cake in a cookie shape. You will not be disappointed. So, grab some coffee and get baking1 Extra crumbs on mine please!!!!
Crumb Cake Topping
- 8 Tablespoons butter, soft
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 10 Tablespoons butter, soft
- ⅓ cup shortening
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 3⅓ cup flour
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat all the ingredients until crumbs form. Set aside.
- Beat butter, shortening and two sugars until fluffy.
- Add cinnamon, eggs and vanilla.
- Beat well.
- On low, add flour, kosher salt and baking powder to make a dough.
- Scoop cookies onto parchment using a cookie scoop.
- Use a small tool to indent the centers. I use a tart tool.
- Sprinkle on a lot of crumb topping to each, pushing gently so it adheres.
- Bake 11-13 minutes.
- Cool and sprinkle on lots of powdered sugar!
Adapted from Cookies and Cups
The post Crumb Cake Cookies appeared first on Hugs and Cookies XOXO.
My friend Eileen is a wonderful baker. This recipe comes from her incredible mother! Eileen makes fabulous rainbow cookies, pumpkin breads and the cookies you are about to see. These are so buttery and delicious you will want to make them again and again. I love to dip these in Chocoley chocolate disks because they are the best. They are gluten free, nut free and melt perfectly every time! You can change these up by using different colored sprinkles. Pink for Valentine’s, red, white & blue for July 4th and red/green for Christmas!
- 3 egg yolks
- 1¾C. confectioner’s sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 4 sticks soft butter (1 pound)
- 4½ c. flour
- Chocolate disks or chips, melted for dipping
- Beat Butter, yolks and confectioner’s sugar.
- Add vanilla.
- Add 4½ cups flour.
- Roll into logs and wrap in plastic.
- Chill for a few hours.
- Slice into thick cookies.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Dip in melted chocolate and add sprinkles.
- Chill to set chocolate.
Recipe adapted from my friend Eileen!
The post Sprinkle Cookies appeared first on Hugs and Cookies XOXO.