L’apple cider vinegar it is an elixir loved for its beneficial properties for health and general well-being. Why include it in our routine? What is apple cider vinegar good for??
This golden-hued liquid, obtained from the fermentation of apples, is not only a salad dressing, but also a powerful natural remedy with a long history of use in many culinary and medicinal traditions.
What is apple cider vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is a type of vinegar produced through the fermentation of apple must or cider. During the fermentation process, the carbohydrates in apples are transformed into acetic acid and other compounds, giving vinegar its characteristic sour flavor and unique nutritional profile.
It is a very rich food, in fact it contains a high quantity of potassium, calcium, magnesium, chlorine, copper, iron, fluorine and sodium. Furthermore, this food also contains many vitamins, in particular vitamin C, as well as A, B1, B2, B6 and E.
Apple cider vinegar: properties and benefits
Hippocrates used theapple cider vinegar and recommended it to his patients to cure many ailments. This means that for centuries, the product has been widely appreciated for its many beneficial health properties. Here are some of the main ones benefits of apple cider vinegar:
- Reduction in blood sugar: Studies have shown how it can help improve insulin sensitivity and reduce blood sugar levels after meals, making it a promising option for people with type 2 diabetes.
- Promotion of digestion: Among the other therapeutic effects of apple cider vinegar is the reactivation of peristalsis. It also promotes digestion and nourishes the Flora bacterial. In case of constipation, apple cider vinegar acts as a mild laxative.
- It brings benefits to the intestine: What Apple Cider Vinegar Does to Your Gut? In addition to promoting digestion, thanks to enzymes, it has a purifying action. Furthermore it contributes to the intestinal PH balance.
- Weight control: Some research suggests that theapple cider vinegar can contribute to weight loss increasing the feeling of satiety and reducing appetite. It has also been shown to be effective in stimulating fat metabolism.
- Antimicrobial properties: Due to its antibacterial and antifungal properties, it can be used to fight harmful bacteria on the skin and in minor wounds.
- Anti-inflammatory virtues: L’Apple cider vinegar is an anti-inflammatory perfect in case of mild inflammations, becoming perfect for gargling and fumigations.
- Immune system support: This vinegar is rich in antioxidants like vitamin C, which can help boost the immune system and protect the body from damage caused by free radicals.
- Hair wellness: Even today there are those who use theapple cider vinegar on hair to balance the PH of the scalp, close the cuticles, clean the scalp and reduce dandruff. Diluted with water, it is applied to the hair and rinsed after a short exposure time.
Try apple cider vinegar as a condiment
One of the most common uses ofapple cider vinegar it is in the kitchen as a condiment. It can replace wine vinegar (white and red) and many prefer it because it has a more delicate flavor. It also counteracts fermentation and facilitates digestion, avoiding that “swollen belly” effect typical of those who follow a diet regime vegetarian food. It can be used naturally or mixed with oil. By blending it with yogurt and aromatic herbs you obtain a perfect sauce for grilled fish or meat,
Apple cider vinegar as a salt supplement
Apple cider vinegar is similar to salt supplements in that it contains many minerals including potassium, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, iron, and copper. Athletes or those who sweat profusely can take it dissolved in fruit juices or smoothies.
Apple cider vinegar for weight loss
Apple cider vinegar is an excellent ally for LOSE weight. As we specified previously, it has a good amount of minerals. It is also rich in vitamins A, C, E and group B. However, it is mainly composed of acetic acid which regulates blood sugar. In fact, consumed during meals, it reduces the speed of glucose release into the blood and consequently leads to lower insulin production. It was also scientifically proven that acetic acid inhibits the activities of genes responsible for fat accumulation. Before each meal you can dilute 3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a large glass of water. In this way the metabolism accelerates and curbs the appetite. If problems arise, you can lower the dose to a teaspoon, or prefer capsules.
How to choose apple cider vinegar
L’apple cider vinegar can be purchased at the supermarket, it is placed next to its “cousins”. There are various types, refined (recognizable because they are very clear), or organic (and cloudy looking).
The product is obtained from the fermentation of apple cider or apple must and for this reason making it at home is very simple.
For about a liter of apple cider vinegar from the recipe home made, you need to cut 2kg of apples into small pieces without peeling. These must be pureed with a blender (better if you have a centrifuge). Add a spoonful of lemon juice and 10 grams of brewer’s yeast. Pour 280 grams of cane sugar and 250 ml of water into the mixture and mix everything.
At this point, it is necessary to pour the liquid obtained into a 1 and a half liter bottle. The bottle must be closed with a special cap called a filler cap which is a kind of valve, widely used in artisanal beer and wine production, which allows the total or partial elimination of the carbon dioxide produced by fermentation and at the same time prevents the entry of ‘oxygen, thus creating what is called anaerobic fermentationwithout air.
Leave the bottle with the preparation to rest for 15 days, taking care to shake it once a day to avoid the formation of deposits. After this time, the mixture must be filtered and the preparation will be obtained and you will have obtained your apple cider vinegar.
Apple cider vinegar: are there any contraindications?
L’apple cider vinegar it is a natural product with a thousand virtues, but it could also bring with it possible contraindications. So be careful what they say aboutapple cider vinegar because the hoaxes they are always around the corner.
For example, being acidic, it can damage tooth enamel if consumed in large quantities or undiluted.
Some people, especially if they suffer from gastrointestinal problems, may experience gastric irritation or heartburn after taking it, especially if consumed undiluted or in large quantities.
It may interact with some medications, such as those used to regulate blood sugar levels or reduce blood pressure. For this reason, before using theapple cider vinegar you need to ask medical opinion.
It’s not just about what can be cured with vinegar. Lovers of ecological life use this vinegar to do the washing machine: it replaces fabric softener. It is used as a degreaser in the kitchen and in the bathroom as an anti-limescale remover. It can also be indicated for our friends dogs and cats, in fact if we put a few drops in their food, their bones will strengthen and their fur will become beautiful and shiny.
Drinking water and apple cider vinegar: what are the effects and daily doses