Prepare a delicious meat broth and nutritious requires attention and care. In the following recipe I give you tips and seven fundamental tricks to obtain a perfect result. Winter is now upon us and this is, without a doubt, the most loved and prepared dish. When it is ready you can also cook the type of pasta you prefer. Follow the following advice and you won’t regret it!
Perfect meat broth
1. Avoid being hasty
– Keep the heat low and add the cold water slowly. Follow the advice of Pellegrino Artusi, one of the fathers of Italian gastronomy, who suggested putting the meat in cold water and boiling the pot slowly.
2. Use the right type of vegetables
– Vegetables such as carrots, celery and onion make a solid base for the broth. The neutrality of their flavor facilitates the use of broth in different recipes. You can consider adding tomato for an interesting twist.
3. Herbs and spices
– Enrich your broth with herbs and spices such as rosemary, parsley, garlic, bay leaf and pepper. These ingredients will give a unique flavor to the preparation.
– Add salt towards the end of cooking to better evaluate the natural flavor of the broth. Long cooking already extracts many flavors from the ingredients, so it is advisable not to exceed with salt.
5. Pay attention to the order
– Respect a specific order during preparation. Add the meat when the water is still cold to allow the optimal release of the flavours, while the vegetables should be added after the first bubbles to preserve the nutritional properties.
6. Long times: patience
– Dedicate between 2 and 3 hours of cooking to the broth to guarantee a perfect result. These times must be calculated from the moment the water starts to boil, keeping the flame to a minimum.
7. Don’t disdain bones
– Bones add depth to the broth and can be purchased at an affordable cost. Ask your trusted butcher to obtain quality bones that will give an edge to your recipe.
Read also: Tortellini in broth, the perfect first course for Christmas lunch. The secret to a fantastic broth, what you put in the water