Step that steak up a few notches with an excellent marinade. Maybe something special for Father’s Day.
The inspiration is a very common recipe around the internet on blogs and recipe sites. The original (I think) is known as “Best Steak Marinade in Existence” on Allrecipes.com. Only a few changes to simplify and some rounding for a smaller (Cooking For Two) amount. Plus I didn’t bother with running though a blender.
I generally buy very good beef so a marinade just seems wrong on a filet
or porterhouse. Just some salt, pepper and a little garlic please. Strip steaks have just not been our favorites over the
years but the best looking steaks at the market were the strips. I had
Simple Steak Marinade by Chris at Nibble Me This and a marinade seem great but I’m not a “beer person” so Google was my friend again. If your a beer person, check out Chris’ post.
A 5 minus. I don’t frequently marinade steak but this is good enough to start doing it a lot more. My wife felt it was the best strip steak she has had in years.
Notes:Run though a blender if you want but it doesn’t seem necessary to me. Use black pepper if you don’t have white. Add a pinch of crushed red pepper or a hot or pepper sauce if you want.
In a 1 gallon zip lock bag combine: 3 T soy sauce, 4 T olive oil, 3 T lemon juice, 2 T Worcestershire sauce, 2 t garlic powder, 1 1/2 T dry basil, 2 t dry parsley flakes and 1/2 t white pepper.
Trim your steaks of extra fat. Here are two strip steaks about 12 oz each. (I do not want to hear about not doing this to a strip steak)
Add the steaks to the bag, squeeze out the air and mush the steaks around to get them coated well. Refrigerate for 2 to 8 hours. Longer should be fine.
Remove from the marinade and discard the marinade. Grill as usual. Here I’m grilled over high heat for about 15 minutes total.
Allow to rest for 5 minutes or so before cutting.
- 3 T soy sauce
- 4 T olive oil
- 3 T lemon juice
- 2 T Worcestershire sauce
- 2 t garlic powder
- 1 1/2 T dry basil
- 2 t dry parsley flakes
- 1/2 t white pepper (or black if you don’t have it)
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 2 hour Total time: 2 hour 5 mins Yield: 2 servings
June 14 2013
Incoming search terms:
- https://www gordon-ramsay-recipes com/preparation-step-by-step/the-best-steak-marinade html#:~:text=In a 1 gallon zip 1/2 t white pepper &text=Add the steaks to the to get them coated well
- gordon ramsay steak marinade
- https://www gordon-ramsay-recipes com/preparation-step-by-step/the-best-steak-marinade html
- gordon ramsay steak recipe
- steak marinade gordon ramsay
- chef ramsay steak marinade
- https://www gordon-ramsay-recipes com/tag/chef-ramsay-black-pepper-sauce-recipe
- gordon ramsay steak marinade recipe
- gordon ramsey steak marinade
- gordon ramsay marinade for steak