Black forest layer cake is a delicious and fun cake to make. Did I mention easy? Oh yes! I even cheated a little-shhh! I used a box mix for my two layer cakes. You can, too! I won’t tell unless you are a purist with cakes then feel free to use your favorite chocolate cake recipe and just bake it up in two 8 or 9 inch round pans! I used sweet dark cherries sold in a can. I found them in the aisle with the applesauce—not the aisle with the canned cherry pie filling-go figure! That’s just a tip to save you some time as you navigate the food store aisles. You can use regular whipped cream for this cake but I chose to make the cream the shining star in this cake. I used Mascarpone cheese to make it extra special! Hope you enjoy my black forest layer cake!
Black Forest Layer Cake
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, prepared and baked according to directions for either 2 8-inch or 9-inch pans-your choice!
- ½ can dark, sweet cherries
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2-3 T. sugar (taste for how much sweetness you like!)
- fresh cherries for garnish (Can remove pits from bottom so no one sees!)
- chocolate shavings for garnish
- Beat cream, mascarpone and sugar to soft peaks.
- Lay one cake on cake plate, top with some cherries and cream.
- Top with next cake.
- Add more cream and fresh cherries.
- Top with chocolate shavings (Create using a veggie peeler across the chocolate)
The post Black Forest Layer Cake appeared first on Hugs and Cookies XOXO.
Incoming search terms:
THIS IS A YUMMY LITTLE APPY TO MAKE!
1. SLICE TOMATOES AND DRIZZLE WITH OLIVE OIL OR MACNUT OIL, SALT AND PEPPER. ROAST AT 375 FOR ABOUT 25 MINS.
2. SLICE MOZZARELLA AND LAY ON PLATTER.
3. TOP EACH WITH A PIECE OF PROSCIUTTO.
4. OPTIONAL: TOP WITH SMALL SLICE OF RED ONION.
5. TOP WITH A ROASTED TOMATO.
6. ADD ANOTHER DRIZZLE OF OIL, SALT AND PEPPER.