The salmon and potatoes it is an excellent and tasty second course to be prepared for dinner as well. The scent of salmon, combined with the flavors of the garden, creates a dish with a unique and overwhelming flavor.
This recipe requires no cooking experience and is easy to make. You will see, in a few minutes you will be serving a dish that everyone will appreciate!
Read also: Salmon strips marinated in the oven
Cooking: 30 minutes
Preparation: 15 minutes
Flat cost: low
Doses: 2 people
INGREDIENTS FOR 2 PEOPLE
• no stick pan,
• potato peeler,
• smooth blade knife,
• chopping board,
• various cutlery.
HOW TO PREPARE SALMON AND POTATOES
• Peel and wash the potatoes under running water, cut into coarse cubes and set aside.
• Wash the cherry tomatoes and divide them in half.
• In a pan, lightly brown the finely chopped garlic over low heat with a drizzle of olive oil and add the diced potatoes, cherry tomatoes and a pinch of coarse salt. Cook for a few minutes, until the tomatoes begin to wilt slightly. Stir often.
• Raise the heat and pour the white wine, let it evaporate. Add the vegetable cube.
• Cook for at least 15-20 minutes over medium heat, if needed sprinkle with a little water.
• In the meantime, clean, rinse under running water and cut the salmon into medium pieces.
• As soon as you notice that the potatoes are almost cooked, add the chopped salmon and capers.
• Cook for about 10 minutes or until the fish is cooked to your liking.
• For useful information on optimal cooking of salmon (regarding this recipe) read in the tips ▼ below.
• Serve and serve hot or lukewarm.
• For this recipe and for the cooking salmon, I advise you to turn each piece with a kitchen tongs, spoon or fork and not to mix everything, in this way you will avoid the salmon from falling apart.
• I recommend that you eat freshly cooked salmon and potatoes, to preserve the flavors and enjoy it to the fullest. But if you want you can prepare in advance and reheat before serving.
• It should be consumed within the day!
• You can omit adding the capers and replace it with pitted olives. I recommend, during cooking, to taste to check the amount of salt.