A holiday cookie platter just isn’t complete without Snowball Christmas Cookies. These are buttery, coated in sugar and packed with pecans. These will also melt in your mouth.
Snowball Christmas Cookies
- 1 cup soft butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecan
- 1 cup powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- IN a mixer, beat butter and powdered sugar.
- On low, add salt, vanilla, flour and pecans.
- Roll into one small balls-I used a food scale and made each ⅝ ounces.
- Bake on parchment lined cookie sheets for 10 mins.
- Cool just a bit and then place a few at a time in a ziploc with the powdered sugar to coat them.
- Once cool, roll in the powdered sugar again!
Adapted from Small Town Woman
The post Snowball Christmas Cookies appeared first on Hugs and Cookies XOXO.
I admit it, I love brownies made from box mixes. There, I said it! My favorite is Betty Crocker. I love to use 2 boxes and bake them together in a 9×13 pan lined with nonstick foil at 350 for exactly 40 minutes. Perfection as is or with a sprinkle of powdered sugar. But sometimes you need more chocolate than a brownie can offer. Sometimes you need to pile on 3 inches of the best chocolate frosting one can make. I’ve got you covered! Shortcut Brownies with Bakery Frosting are a dream come true for chocolate lovers! Feel free to use any brownie recipe that you enjoy. It can be from a box mix or from scratch! Here is the frosting recipe….
Shortcut Brownies with Bakery Frosting
- 1½ cups butter, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Beat butter smooth.
- Add sugar and powder on low to incorporate.
- Add heavy cream, vanilla and salt.
- Turn mixer to high and beat 7 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Spread on cooled brownies and chill before cutting.
The post Shortcut Brownies with Bakery Frosting appeared first on Hugs and Cookies XOXO.
Oreo lovers, this one is for you! A triple layer chocolate cake, filled with a delicious butter cream frosting. Top it off with chocolate ganache, oreos and oreo candy bars! The candy bars were a new find in the store for us. If you can’t find them, just chop up some oreos very finely and sprinkle them along the bottom of your cake!
You May Need:
Even Bake Cake Strips-love these!
Triple Layer Oreo Cake
- ¾ cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup + 2 Tablespoons soft butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1½ cups butter
- 1½ cups shortening
- 9 cups powdered sugar
- 1½ T. vanilla
- 7-8 T. milk
- Oreos for the top
- crushed oreo candy bars for the bottom
- 9 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray 3 8-inch round baking pans with pam, line bottoms with parchment paper, grease again and set aside.
- In small bowl combine cocoa and boiling water with a whisk until smooth. Cool.
- In medium bowl stir together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time and vanilla.
- Slowly add the cocoa mix.
- Add ⅓ of the flour mix, then the milk. Then ⅓ of flour and the sour cream. Then, add the past of the flour.
- Mix well and divide into the pans.
- Bake 28-30 mins until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool and pop out of pans. Remove parchment . (cool and at this point you can freeze)
- Beat all gradually on low to combine.
- Then increase mixer speed and whip till fluffy.
- Heat cream just to a boil.
- Pour over chips.
- Let sit one minute then stir smooth
- Spread frosting between cake layers.
- Use extra to frost outside of the cake.
- Decorate with the glaze by pouring it on sides to drizzle down and fill in entire top center.
- Pipe on flowers and garnish with Oreos.
- **May need to make and extra half batch of frosting for decorating and final coat depending how much you use on your layers.
The post Triple Layer Oreo Cake appeared first on Hugs and Cookies XOXO.