THE sedanini with stringy aubergines and cherry tomatoes it is an excellent first course, very simple to prepare, light and requiring the use of a few easy-to-find ingredients.
You can use different varieties of eggplant, for example the classic black oval eggplant, violet or the round violet. Are you curious to savor this recipe in all its goodness? Then fasten your apron and let's prepare it together!
Read also: Stringy eggplant risotto
Cooking: 30 minutes
Preparation: 10 minutes
Flat cost: low
Doses: 2 people
• pot for cooking pasta,
• no stick pan,
• sharp knife with smooth blade,
• various cutlery.
HOW TO PREPARE SEDANINI WITH STRIPED AUBERGINES AND TOMATOES
• Wash, dry and cut into cubes, with the help of a knife with a smooth and sharp blade, the aubergine. Arrange them in the non-stick pan, greased with a few tablespoons of olive oil, a pinch of salt and bring to the stove.
• Let them dry over medium heat.
• Wash the datterini tomatoes and coarsely cut them and add them to the aubergines. Let them wither. Stir often.
• As soon as everything is cooked, remove from the heat and set aside.
• In the meantime, blanch the pasta in lightly salted water and when it is cooked to your liking, strain it, keeping aside very little cooking water, which will dry out during creaming.
• Return to the heat, this time over low heat and add the cubes of aubergine and cherry tomatoes to the pasta and mix so that all the ingredients are well intersected.
• Remove from the heat and stir in the Parmesan.
• Add the mozzarella cubes and mix lightly so that it is well distributed before it melts.
• Serve hot, with a little sauce created from melted mozzarella. If you choose other ingredients instead of mozzarella (as in the tips ▼), the sauce will not be created, so if you prefer you can add a drop of water.
• You can replace classic mozzarella with stretched curd mozzarella or smoked cheese, in order to have more time to serve, before it completely melts.
• Do not add water to the sauce, because the tomatoes and the aubergine cubes will leave their vegetable water in cooking which will be enough for cooking.
• If you prefer to give this dish a fresh note, you can add some fresh basil leaves, previously washed.
• You can prepare the aubergine and tomato sauce in advance (to be consumed within the day anyway) and reheat just before adding it to the pasta.