The vegetarian puff pastry roll is a preparation in a fragrant crust that wraps a very soft filling of mashed potatoes, spinach, mushrooms and mozzarella. A delicious second course, very light and very simple to prepare.
For this recipe you need a few ingredients, easy to find, to obtain a truly superlative result! The combination of these ingredients makes this dish unique in flavor and that everyone will love! Perfect to serve as a main course or as a single dish (for example for dinner).
Prepare this recipe of mine too and you will see how good it is!
Cooking: 40 minutes
Preparation: 35 minutes
Flat cost: medium
Doses: 6 people
INGREDIENTS FOR 6 PEOPLE
• pot for cooking potatoes,
• 2 non-stick pans,
• rectangular baking pan,
• potato masher,
• kitchen brush,
• greaseproof paper,
• smooth blade knife,
• various containers,
• various cutlery.
HOW TO PREPARE THE ROLL OF VEGETARIAN PASTA PASTA
Prepare the ingredients
• Peel, wash and cut the potatoes into coarse cubes. Place them in a pot full of water, with a handful of salt and boil for at least 15 minutes (until they are tender).
• Clean and wash the spinach (you can also use frozen ones) and place them in the pan with a drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of salt and a little water; cook over medium heat until they wilt.
• Clean and wash the mushrooms (you can also use frozen ones) cut the larger mushrooms into chunks, arrange them in the pan and add a drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of salt, a pinch of parsley and a clove of whole garlic (which you will eliminate when you remove from the heat ) and little water. Cook over medium heat, until they wilt.
Prepare the vegetarian puff pastry roll
• Pass the potatoes through the potato masher and arrange everything in a large container, let it cool for a few minutes. In the meantime, when the other ingredients are ready, drain them in a colander, in order to remove any remaining water.
• Add to the warm potatoes, beaten eggs, Parmesan, grated nutmeg and season with salt. Mix everything until all the ingredients are well blended. Set aside.
• On a pastry board, spread a sheet of parchment paper, sprinkle the center with a handful of breadcrumbs, arrange and flatten the potato mixture to give it a thickness of about 1 cm.
• Arrange the spinach, mushrooms and mozzarella slices in the center, which, depending on the width you give the potato base, you can also arrange vertically.
• Close by overlapping the outer flaps, making sure that everything is tightly closed and well wrapped in the potato mixture.
• Close the roll of vegetables in parchment paper and set aside.
• Unroll the rectangular puff pastry and arrange the potato roll in the center, removing the parchment paper. Shape it slightly to make it easier to cover the pastry.
• Wrap everything in the puff pastry sealing the edges well, turn the roll so that the closing of the pastry is at the base and fold the outer edges.
• Transfer, with its parchment paper, the roll of puff pastry to the baking sheet and arrange the paper access. With a sharp and smooth-edged knife, cut some Xs to create a braid (as shown in the photo).
• Oil your vegetarian puff pastry roll with a drizzle of olive oil and brush everything.
• Bake in a preheated oven and bake at 190 ° C for 40 minutes, ventilated oven or at 200 ° C for 40 minutes in a static oven, in any case until golden brown.
• Let it cool for a few minutes in the oven and then take your vegetarian puff pastry roll out of the oven.
• Cut into slices and serve hot for a racy heart, but it will also be warm if it is warm!
• You can prepare in advance and serve it on the same day, so that it is fragrant.
• You can keep in the fridge for a maximum of 1 day, take it out 10 minutes before reheating it in the oven or microwave, but the pastry will no longer be fragrant as freshly prepared!
• You can omit the addition of mozzarella.
• I added the mozzarella for pizzas, because it does not release water during cooking, but you can replace it with slices of fresh scamorza.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.
Read more about data collection for ads personalisation our in our Cookies Policy page