Velvety pumpkin soup (pumpkin cream) is a soup made from pumpkin, usually potatoes are added, sometimes carrots and cooked with vegetable broth. There are those who add cream, I prefer not, it is already tasty and perfect without cream, better not to add unnecessary fat! I often prepare it in autumn! Read more fall recipes
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 kg of pumpkin (weighed without peel)
- 250 grams of potatoes (weighed without peel)
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- salt and pepper
- about 1/2 liter of vegetable broth: (1 liter of water, 5 g of salt, 1 carrot, 1/2 onion, 1 tomato, 2 sticks of celery, parsley)
Watch the VIDEO RECIPE of pumpkin soup
- Let's prepare a vegetable broth: in 1 liter of cold water add 1 carrot, 1/2 onion, 1 tomato, 2 celery sticks without leaves and parsley. We cover with a lid and leave to cook.
- We remove the peel of the pumpkin, wash it and cut it into cubes
- we peel, wash and cut the potatoes into cubes
- Put in a saucepan 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 onion cut into thin slices, and let it brown, then add the rosemary, pumpkin and potatoes, let it flavor for a few moments in the oil, mixing
- then cover with about 3 large ladles of vegetable broth. Cover with the lid and leave to cook over medium-low heat for about 30 minutes. halfway through cooking remove the sprig of rosemary, leaving some leaves anyway.
- The squash and potatoes are soft at this point and fall apart, so they are cooked. We turn off the heat and blend everything with an immersion blender.
- If it is too thick, add a little more vegetable broth, if it is too liquid, let it cook for another 5 minutes to thicken more.
And here is ours ready velvety or pumpkin cream, enjoy your meal!
Serve with croutons
Cream of pumpkin soup (pumpkin cream)
Enjoy your meal!