Sweet Milk Sandwiches: These sweet rolls originated in Spain in the 19th century. precisely in the Café Suizo De Madrid, hence the name they still have today “Suizos”. In Southern Italy, between various dominations, we have recipes very similar to these sweet rolls: the famous brioches "with tuppo" and the Danube but the addition or not of some ingredients. Try them they are really delicious and very soft, perfect for breakfast and snack!
Ingredients for 10-12 sandwiches
For the leavening:
- 100 gr of Manitoba flour
- 100 grams of warm milk
- 3 gr of dry yeast (I "Mastro Pizzaiolo" Pane Angeli)
For the dough:
- 450 grams of flour 00
- 150 grams of milk
- 90 grams of sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 3 gr of salt
- 80 gr of butter
Milk Sweet Sandwiches Video Recipe
How to prepare sweet milk sandwiches
- First of all we prepare the leaven: put the flour (100 g), the dry yeast and the warm milk in a bowl, mix and cover with cling film, let it rise until doubled in volume (from 40 min. To 1 hour). ambient temperature is below 22 ° we put the bowl in the oven with only the light on.
- Put the leaven in the bowl of the mixer together with the eggs, the sugar 90 g, the flour (450 g of flour 00), and a pinch of salt 3 g. We activate the mixer for 1 minute, then let it rest for 1 minute, repeat this operation 3 times. Finally at this point add the butter a little at a time and operate the planetary mixer for 2-3 minutes. Until the butter is well mixed into the dough.
- We pour the mixture into a large bowl in which we have brushed a drop of olive oil. Let it rise for 2 to 3 hours (it depends on the foreign temperature; if the environment is too cold, repeat the operation with the oven off.
- We pour the dough onto the lightly floured work surface
- We cut pieces from the dough of about 80 grams. Let's create the sandwiches like in the video above. Arrange the sandwiches on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, cover with a cloth and leave to rest for 30 minutes. We brush with beaten egg, make a cut on the surface and fill this cut with sugar wet with a drop of water.
- We bake in a preheated oven at 200 ° for 13-14 minutes. We serve
They can be stored in food bags for 2-3 days.
Enjoy your meal!