TGIF! This week went by like a crazy whirlwind at work. Every night I came home so exhausted, I didn’t even have energy to stand in my kitchen. This weekend we are going camping, but I haven’t even started packing yet. The weather should be beautiful, so hopefully I will come back feeling refreshed and ready for next week!
Every Sunday I like to make something yummy to get me through the work-week. This past Sunday, I made these no-bake chocolate coconut walnut cookies. They are so easy to make, no oven required! All you need is a stove-top or microwave to heat up the ingredients, stir, shape and refrigerate. They are good for a week when stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Even though they have a fairly high calorie count per cookie, they provide healthy antioxidants (cocoa), fiber (oats), protein (peanut butter and walnuts), and omega-3 (walnuts). I like to eat one of these when I am low on energy and need a pick-me-up. They don’t last very long though!!
By the way, my friend Louise over at Healthy Recipes Magazine is offering all My San Francisco Kitchen readers a free 3-month subscription to the magazine. Click here to get started on cooking some healthy recipes in your kitchen! Special thank you to Louise & all at Healthy Recipes Magazine.
Have a great weekend! XoXo
- 1 and ½ tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- ⅓ cup and 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 3 tbsp milk
- ⅓ cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy!)
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Add butter, milk, honey/maple syrup and cocoa to a small sauce pan and heat on medium until butter is melted. Stir well.
- Add the peanut butter, vanilla, and oats. Stir well.
- Remove from heat and stir in walnuts and shredded coconut. If they are too dry, you can add a little more milk or peanut butter; they should be wet enough to hold together, but not too wet where they won’t hold their shape nicely.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop teaspoonfuls of the dough onto the baking sheet.
- Flatten with the back of a spoon and shape with your hands into a cookie, with desired thickness.
- Chill in the refrigerator (best result is at least 2 hours, but you can eat them before!).
You Might Also Like:
Share and Enjoy