“The lasagna they are one of the noblest dishes of our cuisine, a rich and satisfying dish that embodies conviviality and joy”. This is how he describes it Daniele Minarelli, owner of Osteria Bottega, one of the reference points of Bolognese gastronomy. Here is his recipe and the precious tips for preparing them in the best possible way! “The lasagna must not be excessively liquid, but maintain its consistency. And the seasoning must be separated, preventing it from becoming a uniform mass.”
“For the ragùwe use 70% of folder meat, a cut very rich in blood, which requires cooking for at least 3 hours, and the remaining 30% of bacon. In the past, the proportion of meat was greater, as a more substantial dish was preferred. Our mothers, who were not as expert as professional chefs, added a bit of milk, a practice that ultimately proved successful, as home preserves tended to be a bit harsher than concentrates. Then there is the rolling pin, which is the icon of the Bolognese. Think of the preparation of pasta and imagine the robust women of the past, bent over the table with their breasts swinging. And then there is the test of the window, when they spread the pastry in front of the glass to check that it was thin and uniform enough, a veil. It must have a consistency like this: rough, fine, crunchy.”
- 350 g of 00 flour and 2 eggs for the pastry
- 200 g of boiled and chopped spinach
- 50 g of butter
- 50 g of flour
- 500 ml of milk
- 500 g of classic Bolognese ragù with added milk
- 200 g of grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Nutmeg, Salt and pepper to taste
Cook them spinach, squeeze them and chop them. Combine them in the common dough for the browse. Roll out thinly with a rolling pin and cut 10cm wide strips. Cover the dough with a white cloth to prevent it from drying out too much.
For the bechamel, prepare a roux with 50g of butter and flour. Cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly. Add half a liter of boiling milk and a pinch of salt. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
Boil them lasagna al dente in plenty of salted water, drain and dry on towels. Butter a baking dish and arrange a layer of ragù, sprinkle with plenty of Parmesan and add a little bechamel. Cover with the lasagna and repeat the operations until the ingredients are used up.
Finish with a layer of béchamel and Parmigiano Reggiano. Bake in the oven at medium heat for 40-50 minutes. Enjoy your meal!
Read also: Perfect Neapolitan lasagna, De Filippo’s 5 golden rules: what to do an hour before baking, makes the difference