The vegetarian puff pastry roll is a preparation in a fragrant crust that wraps a very soft filling of mashed potatoes, spinach, mushrooms and mozzarella. A delicious second course, very light and very simple to prepare.
For this recipe you need a few ingredients, easy to find, to obtain a truly superlative result! The combination of these ingredients makes this dish unique in flavor and that everyone will love! Perfect to serve as a main course or as a single dish (for example for dinner).
Prepare this recipe of mine too and you will see how good it is!
Cooking: 40 minutes
Preparation: 35 minutes
Flat cost: medium
Doses: 6 people
INGREDIENTS FOR 6 PEOPLE
• pot for cooking potatoes,
• 2 non-stick pans,
• rectangular baking pan,
• potato masher,
• kitchen brush,
• greaseproof paper,
• smooth blade knife,
• various containers,
• various cutlery.
HOW TO PREPARE THE ROLL OF VEGETARIAN PASTA PASTA
Prepare the ingredients
• Peel, wash and cut the potatoes into coarse cubes. Place them in a pot full of water, with a handful of salt and boil for at least 15 minutes (until they are tender).
• Clean and wash the spinach (you can also use frozen ones) and place them in the pan with a drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of salt and a little water; cook over medium heat until they wilt.
• Clean and wash the mushrooms (you can also use frozen ones) cut the larger mushrooms into chunks, arrange them in the pan and add a drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of salt, a pinch of parsley and a clove of whole garlic (which you will eliminate when you remove from the heat ) and little water. Cook over medium heat, until they wilt.
Prepare the vegetarian puff pastry roll
• Pass the potatoes through the potato masher and arrange everything in a large container, let it cool for a few minutes. In the meantime, when the other ingredients are ready, drain them in a colander, in order to remove any remaining water.
• Add to the warm potatoes, beaten eggs, Parmesan, grated nutmeg and season with salt. Mix everything until all the ingredients are well blended. Set aside.
• On a pastry board, spread a sheet of parchment paper, sprinkle the center with a handful of breadcrumbs, arrange and flatten the potato mixture to give it a thickness of about 1 cm.
• Arrange the spinach, mushrooms and mozzarella slices in the center, which, depending on the width you give the potato base, you can also arrange vertically.
• Close by overlapping the outer flaps, making sure that everything is tightly closed and well wrapped in the potato mixture.
• Close the roll of vegetables in parchment paper and set aside.
• Unroll the rectangular puff pastry and arrange the potato roll in the center, removing the parchment paper. Shape it slightly to make it easier to cover the pastry.
• Wrap everything in the puff pastry sealing the edges well, turn the roll so that the closing of the pastry is at the base and fold the outer edges.
• Transfer, with its parchment paper, the roll of puff pastry to the baking sheet and arrange the paper access. With a sharp and smooth-edged knife, cut some Xs to create a braid (as shown in the photo).
• Oil your vegetarian puff pastry roll with a drizzle of olive oil and brush everything.
• Bake in a preheated oven and bake at 190 ° C for 40 minutes, ventilated oven or at 200 ° C for 40 minutes in a static oven, in any case until golden brown.
• Let it cool for a few minutes in the oven and then take your vegetarian puff pastry roll out of the oven.
• Cut into slices and serve hot for a racy heart, but it will also be warm if it is warm!
• You can prepare in advance and serve it on the same day, so that it is fragrant.
• You can keep in the fridge for a maximum of 1 day, take it out 10 minutes before reheating it in the oven or microwave, but the pastry will no longer be fragrant as freshly prepared!
• You can omit the addition of mozzarella.
• I added the mozzarella for pizzas, because it does not release water during cooking, but you can replace it with slices of fresh scamorza.
What's for dinner? 20 quick and easy recipes to prepare a homemade and tasty dinner for the whole family.
What to cook for dinner tonight? What's for dinner? In English it sounds more chic! How many times have we said or at least thought about one of these phrases? Nearly every day!
And yes, because bringing to the table a good tasty dinner, which is also healthy, homemade and maybe even to be prepared in a short time is a question that arises every day for everyone. Especially for those with a family, or for mothers who work all day.
So how to try to organize yourself better and prepare a decent dinner without having to improvise on the run every night?
Here are some simple rules that will solve the problem of what to prepare for dinner!
The main tip for preparing a homemade dinner healthy and tasty is to plan meals. It takes a few minutes but trust us, it saves you so much time and in the long run.
How to plan one or more weeks of dinners (or even lunches).
Also avoiding extra trips to the supermarket will save you time and money.
Trust and you will see that this simple method will help you a lot in preparing dinner. From now on, answer the question "What's for dinner?" it will no longer be a problem! 😀
If you are interested in learning more about the topic, read also: 5 tricks that work to cook better and faster
Having made this premise, let's see immediately what they are thereand 20 quick and easy recipes to bring a delicious dinner to the table.
1- Lemon chicken with white rice. As good as that of the Chinese restaurant, that is, in small bites, and accompanied by boiled rice.
2 – Baked chicken breast with vegetables
A tasty and succulent recipe, a clever idea to cook meat and side dishes in one go.
3 – Chicken thighs breaded in the oven
Always a guarantee and you will please everyone, especially children.
4 – Baked chicken nuggets
They are golden chicken breast sticks, not fried and baked in the oven with a little oil. As good as fast food.
5 – Pan-fried chicken with rosemary
Flavored with slices of lemon and fresh rosemary, it is a light, tasty and very simple second course that will please the whole family. Ideal to prepare even in advance.
6 – Homemade chicken and beef burgers
Always appreciated by everyone, in this recipe we prepare them in two versions: half with chicken and turkey meat and others with the beef.
7 – Potatoes stuffed with meat and sausage
An easy and cheap second course, delicious and very inviting. Also to be prepared in advance and reheated at the last moment.
8 – Baked meat and potato pie
A delicious, hearty and nutritious single dish. It is prepared by making several layers of potatoes and minced meat, alternating with slices of mozzarella.
9 – Potato and tuna meatballs baked
Tasty morsels based on canned tuna, very simple and very tasty. They are an easy and inexpensive recipe, which is prepared with a few ingredients that we all have at home.
10 – Baked meatballs
A simple, light and tasty second course that can be prepared in 5 minutes. They are an alternative light and more digestible to the classic meatballs with sauce or fried.
11 – Baked frozen cod meatballs
They are quick and easy fish burgers prepared with frozen cod fillets.
12 – Rustic lentil soup in a pressure cooker
A healthy, genuine and very filling dish. It cooks in 15 minutes with the pressure cooker.
13 – Eggs in purgatory
A succulent second dish where the eggs are cooked directly in the tomato.
14 – Salmon steaks with pistachio and walnut breading
A tasty one second dish of fish, tasty, simple and quick to prepare.
15 – Breaded baked squid rings
A tasty and quick second course of fish. A'idea for dinner very easy and sure success.
16 – One-pot recipe potato omelette
A second course based on simple and genuine ingredients such as eggs, potatoes, cheese and a little milk.
17 – Simple recipe pasta and beans
A classic dish of Italian cuisine, one soup thick and tasty, excellent for a light dinner.
18 – Meat pie with three vegetables
A tasty single dish based on minced meat and vegetables, au gratin in the oven. A clever solution to cook a main course and side dish all in one pot!
19 – Fillets of mackerel with orange
An easy and genuine fish dish to prepare at the last moment.
20 – Salt sea bream cooked in the oven
A simple and effective second course of fish. It is prepared in 5 minutes, put in the oven and you can dedicate yourself to the side dish.
If you still haven't found the right recipe for your dinner, take a look at these collections too:
Even a nice risotto can be an excellent dinner, a light and digestible single dish.
Or some healthy vegetable meatballs:
If, on the other hand, there is no time to cook, take a look at these cold dishes to assemble!
In order not to lose any recipe, put "like" HERE on the our Facebook page And HERE on ours Instagram profile.
Back to HOME PAGE
Visit it SHOP
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.
Read more about data collection for ads personalisation our in our Cookies Policy page