The vegetarian puff pastry roll is a preparation in a fragrant crust that wraps a very soft filling of mashed potatoes, spinach, mushrooms and mozzarella. A delicious second course, very light and very simple to prepare.
For this recipe you need a few ingredients, easy to find, to obtain a truly superlative result! The combination of these ingredients makes this dish unique in flavor and that everyone will love! Perfect to serve as a main course or as a single dish (for example for dinner).
Prepare this recipe of mine too and you will see how good it is!
Read also: Potato pizza in a pan
Cooking: 40 minutes
Preparation: 35 minutes
Flat cost: medium
Doses: 6 people
• pot for cooking potatoes,
• 2 non-stick pans,
• rectangular baking pan,
• potato masher,
• kitchen brush,
• greaseproof paper,
• smooth blade knife,
• various containers,
• various cutlery.
HOW TO PREPARE THE ROLL OF VEGETARIAN PASTA PASTA
Prepare the ingredients
• Peel, wash and cut the potatoes into coarse cubes. Place them in a pot full of water, with a handful of salt and boil for at least 15 minutes (until they are tender).
• Clean and wash the spinach (you can also use frozen ones) and place them in the pan with a drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of salt and a little water; cook over medium heat until they wilt.
• Clean and wash the mushrooms (you can also use frozen ones) cut the larger mushrooms into chunks, arrange them in the pan and add a drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of salt, a pinch of parsley and a clove of whole garlic (which you will eliminate when you remove from the heat ) and little water. Cook over medium heat, until they wilt.
Prepare the vegetarian puff pastry roll
• Pass the potatoes through the potato masher and arrange everything in a large container, let it cool for a few minutes. In the meantime, when the other ingredients are ready, drain them in a colander, in order to remove any remaining water.
• Add to the warm potatoes, beaten eggs, Parmesan, grated nutmeg and season with salt. Mix everything until all the ingredients are well blended. Set aside.
• On a pastry board, spread a sheet of parchment paper, sprinkle the center with a handful of breadcrumbs, arrange and flatten the potato mixture to give it a thickness of about 1 cm.
• Arrange the spinach, mushrooms and mozzarella slices in the center, which, depending on the width you give the potato base, you can also arrange vertically.
• Close by overlapping the outer flaps, making sure that everything is tightly closed and well wrapped in the potato mixture.
• Close the roll of vegetables in parchment paper and set aside.
• Unroll the rectangular puff pastry and arrange the potato roll in the center, removing the parchment paper. Shape it slightly to make it easier to cover the pastry.
• Wrap everything in the puff pastry sealing the edges well, turn the roll so that the closing of the pastry is at the base and fold the outer edges.
• Transfer, with its parchment paper, the roll of puff pastry to the baking sheet and arrange the paper access. With a sharp and smooth-edged knife, cut some Xs to create a braid (as shown in the photo).
• Oil your vegetarian puff pastry roll with a drizzle of olive oil and brush everything.
• Bake in a preheated oven and bake at 190 ° C for 40 minutes, ventilated oven or at 200 ° C for 40 minutes in a static oven, in any case until golden brown.
• Let it cool for a few minutes in the oven and then take your vegetarian puff pastry roll out of the oven.
• Cut into slices and serve hot for a racy heart, but it will also be warm if it is warm!
• You can prepare in advance and serve it on the same day, so that it is fragrant.
• You can keep in the fridge for a maximum of 1 day, take it out 10 minutes before reheating it in the oven or microwave, but the pastry will no longer be fragrant as freshly prepared!
• You can omit the addition of mozzarella.
• I added the mozzarella for pizzas, because it does not release water during cooking, but you can replace it with slices of fresh scamorza.