Printable Recipe is below in this post!
I’m so very excited about this easy lemon bar recipe post! I hope you’ll watch it and comment below! This is my first ever, full video tutorial for Southern Plate. To make it even more special, it includes two very special guests. The first is Terri, the reader who gave me the Dixie Cornbread recipe. For the other surprise guest (who is also a reader!) you’ll have to watch the video.
I had this rare opportunity a few weeks back when Terri came all the way from Pennsylvania for a visit. We had such a wonderful weekend with her and her daughter, Amanda. Time flew by. It seemed they arrived and then left, leaving me in a cloud of dust and wishing for more time. The kids are still asking when they are coming back and I’m wondering, too! (hint, hint to Terri).
Can’t Make Lemon Bars Without Singin’
While here, we wanted to do something special to commemorate Southern Plate’s anniversary so the day after they arrived, we did this cooking Lemon Bar tutorial video.
I hope you enjoy this video as much as we did!
Ingredients you will need for the Lemon Bar recipe are:
- All Purpose Flour
- Confectioner’s Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- Lemon Juice
- Baking Powder
How to Make Lemon Bar Base
- Sift together flour and confectioner’s sugar
- Cut in butter until mixture clings together
- Press into baking dish
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until lightly browned
How to Make the Lemon Bar Recipe Filling
- Combine and Beat Eggs, granulated sugar, and lemon juice
- Sift flour and baking powder
- Pour over baked lemon bar crust
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until slightly browned and set
- Remove from oven
- Cool and Sprinkle in confectioner’s sugar
Cut into bars and try not to eat them all before offering to family and friends! 😉
I sure do hope you enjoy 😀
- 2 Cup all purpose flour sifted (for crust)
- 1 Cup butter or margarine softened (crust)
- 1/2 Cup Confectioner’s sugar sifted (crust)
- 4 eggs beaten (for filling)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder filling
- 2 Cup granulated sugar filling
- 4 T Confectioner’s sugar filling
- 1/3 Cup lemon juice filling
- 1/2 Cup all purpose flour filling
Sift together flour and confectioner’s sugar. Cut in butter until mixture clings together. Press into 9×13 inch dish. Bake at 350 for twenty five minutes or until lightly browned.
For filling, Combine and beat eggs, granulated sugar, and lemon juice. Sift flour and baking powder; stir into egg mixture. Pour over baked crust. Bake at 350 for fifteen minutes or until slightly browned and set. Remove from oven. Cool and sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar. Cut into bars.
You may also like these bar recipes:
Lela’s Fried Peach Pie Bars
Three Layer Chocolate Fantasy Bars
Gooey Butter Bars From Scratch
Cranberry Cheesecake Bars
Or if you are hankering for more lemon recipes:
Lemon Icebox Cake
Impossible Lemon Pie