THE dumplings with ricotta and turnip greens or broccoli they are delicious puff pastry bundles that wrap a soft and delicious filling. Perfect to be served hot or lukewarm, as an appetizer during buffets, finger food or aperitifs, but also as a second course!
The preparation of this recipe is really very simple and fast, you just need a few simple ingredients and your ricotta and turnip greens dumplings will be ready to be enjoyed!
In addition, there are many curiosities to discover about turnip greens, such as: "Turnip greens, benefits, properties and how to clean them“; many recipes from the simplest type: Boiled turnip greens, to traditional Orecchiette and turnip tops, Turnip greens omelettes, and i Turnip greens bundles the simplest version!
Read also: Soft ricotta and zucchini donut
Cooking: 20 minutes
Preparation: 15 minutes
Flat cost: bass
Doses: 4 bundles
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 FAGOTTINI
• rectangular baking pan,
• pizza cutter wheel,
• kitchen brush,
• various containers,
• various cutlery.
HOW TO PREPARE THE RICOTTA FAGOTTINI AND RAPA CIME
• Blanch the cleaned and washed turnip greens in salted water, strain them and set aside.
• In a medium-sized container, crumble the ricotta and then add the whole egg, pecorino cheese, season with salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg. Mix everything with a fork, until you get a smooth cream. Set aside.
• Unroll the rectangular puff pastry and make 4 rectangles with the pizza cutter. In each one, arrange on one side a little ricotta cream and then arrange over the blanched turnip greens.
• Close your ricotta and turnip greens bundles, overlapping the other empty half of the rectangle, on the one where you have placed the filling.
• Seal the borbi with the prongs of a fork and transfer the ricotta and turnip greens bundles, with their parchment paper, to the pan. With a sharp smooth-bladed knife, engrave each bundle with 4 – 5 oblique lines, in this way you will also make cooking inside easier.
• Brush your dumplings with milk at room temperature and sprinkle them with a handful of poppy seeds.
• Bake them in a preheated convection oven and cook at 180 ° C for 20 minutes or until golden.
• Allow to cool and serve hot or lukewarm, they will be delicious!
• Once cooked and cooled, you can keep them in the fridge and reheat them before eating them.
• For a more lively flavor, you can replace the pepper with a pinch of chilli.
• Watch my video recipe for the detailed explanation.